SEEMP - Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan - Assistance
The Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) is an operational measure that establishes a mechanism to improve the energy efficiency of a ship in a cost-effective manner.
The SEEMP also provides an approach for shipping companies to manage ship and fleet efficiency performance over time using, for example, the Energy Efficiency Operational Indicator (EEOI) as a monitoring tool.
VEINLAND assist shipping companies on the development of the SEEMP for new and existing ships, incorporates best practices for fuel efficient ship operation, as well as guidelines for use of the EEOI (MEPC.1/Circ.684).
The plan will be developed according 2012 Guidelines for the development of a Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP), resolution MEPC.213(63).
- Improve ship and office staff awareness on energy savings
- Energy Savings lead to operation costs reduction and saves the environment
- Increasing energy efficiency means a reduction of pollution
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Safe the environment
- Detection new energy saving potentials
- Work closer to all related parties
- Yearly audit on ship energy efficient measures
- Improve ship energy saving measures
- Check all potential measures to improve ship efficiency
- Assistance of writing SEEMP