MRV – Monitoring Plan Assistance
The EU MRV (Monitoring, Reporting, Verification) regulation requires ship owners and operators to annually monitor and report CO2 emissions for vessels larger than 5,000 gross tonnage (GT) calling at any EU and EFTA (Norway and Iceland) port. Data collection takes place on a per voyage basis and starts 1 January 2018.
Within the 31st of August 2017, the MRV Monitoring Plan need to be submitted to any certified verifier.
The reported CO2 emissions, together with additional data, are to be verified by independent certified bodies and sent to a central database managed by the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA). The aggregated ship emission and efficiency data will be published by the EC by 30 June 2019 and then every consecutive year.
VEINLAND assist shipping companies on the developemnt of the MRV Monitoring Plan for new and existing ships according EU 2015/757.
- Detailed instructions and responsibilities
- Full integration of any MRV specific requirement
- Vessel specific updates with latest requirements, legislation and procedures
- Full support provided after development of MRV monitoring plan
- Full compliance with national and international regulations and
common marine practice